Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Egg Yumminess

Yesterday I decided to get a little "creative" with breakfast (well, I used a Pioneer Woman recipe), but still, it was more than a bowl of oatmeal or a smoothie!  Huevos Hyacinth is what I attempted and once I got the cooking time figured out, it turned out pretty good!  It says to use ramekins, which I don't own, so I used my soup crocks!  Why not!

First you spray your ramekin and put a piece of ham in it.
You can really use any type of breakfast meat or deli meat.

Next, add a slice of tomato.

Gently crack an egg on top of the tomato and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Sprinkle with your favorite cheese.
I used cheddar, but you can use feta, monterey jack, goat cheese, or whatever!

Broil on low for about 10-15 minutes...keep an eye on it!

I do the jiggle test!  Give it a little shake to tell if the egg is done.
Once it's finished, ENJOY! :)

We had some fresh fruit alongside of it!  What a great way to start the morning!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment