Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dad 1, Khara 0

Oh dad....you tricked me again!  Ya see, my dad and I are forever running buddies...we have a love hate relationship when it comes to us running together.  It's a special bonding time for us...but sometimes we don't always agree on a workout or a pace.  Today was one of those days.  Even though my dad is over 1,000 miles away, he was still able to trick me. 

It started when I decided that I was going to run the half marathon in Pensacola in November.  So I asked my dad for a training plan, and of course he was happy to write me one.  Well, he knows that my least favorite workout is 800's.  No part of me likes to do them whatsoever and I have always and will always whine when I see it on the training plan.  So, being the clever guy he is, he informs me that I have "pick-ups" today.  I'm thinking...ok great!  I love those!  30 seconds on....1 minute off.....I can do this!  Hahaha....not so much.  Dad then informs me that I have 3x3:30 pickups.  I grumble a bit, but say ok.  Well, as I'm doing my workout and finish my first "pick-up" I realize how I conveniently finished at 800 meters....and I think to myself...DAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!! 

1 for dad, 0 for Khara

And it looks like every Tuesday, me and the 800's will be getting together. 
Oh Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment