Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Hodge Podge Kind of Day

Lucy had us up nice and early this morning, and when I took her out I realized there was a break in the rain from the tropical storm...so I ran inside, put on some running clothes, and got my 6 mile long run in.  :)  I was back home for about 10 minutes...and the heavens opened up!  God was watching out for me today!

I put a pork roast in the crock pot when I got back (recipe courtesy of The Pioneer Woman).  When it was cooked all the way, I pulled it apart, put it in my dutch oven and baked it to brown it up.  I made some fresh guacamole, pico de gallo, and had some salsa verde in the fridge thanks to our awesome neighbors! It was delish!  :) 

After dinner, I ventured into the crafts....I kept it simple tonight.  For the party, we are going to have the girls write down advice for the bride.  I thought it would be cute to make hearts for them to write on.

I started by cutting a bunch of 6x6 squares of solid and patterned paper.

I used the wonderful Cricut to cut out the hearts....

did a little gluing, and had some hearts!

Looks like another rainy day tomorrow....which means probably lots more cooking and crafting!  :)

1 comment: